- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 03-01-2017
Nashville pet owners - Even though they are a year-round problem, spring means an increase in fleas & ticks, which is bad news for you & your pets.
Despite their tiny size, fleas and ticks cause misery for your pet. They stimulate allergies, cause infections & transmit disease, not only to your pet but to you and your family.
If you see fleas, there are also eggs and larvae in your carpets and bedding. Ticks can carry fatal disease like Lyme.
Did you know that all flea and tick preventatives are not created equally? Your choice could go a long way in how well your pet is prevented from parasitic infestations. There are a few questions to discuss with your veterinarian in determining the best flea and tick prevention for your pet.
• Is your pet outside often? Do they leave your property? Do you take your pet to remote areas for exercise or like in the woods, etc?
• Does your pet have a lot of contact with other pets, like at a dog park, or do you have multiple pets in the home?
• Can you easily remember to regularly give your pet the preventative monthly?
• Do you have a budget in mind?
Richland Animal Clinic carries the best flea and tick prevention to cater to different lifestyles and budgets that are safe & effective for your pets:
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.